F.H. Steinbart Co. was founded in 1918 by Frank H. Steinbart. Throughout prohibition the business stayed open, selling wine making supplies for sacramental purposes, and ‘near beer’ and soda supplies to local Portland breweries like Henry Weinhard.
As the craft beer movement exploded in the 1980’s and 90’s, F.H. Steinbart Co. was at the forefront of the trend providing bulk hops and grains for emerging breweries like Bridgeport, Cartwright, McMenamins, and Widmer.
The business is now owned by John DeBenedetti, son of Frank H. Steinbart’s apprentice Joseph DeBenedetti. F.H. Steinbart Co. continues to provide a wide range of products and services to home and professional brewers, wine, and cider makers throughout Portland and the Pacific NorthWest.