Thinking about brewing your own Kombucha?
Above is the F.H Steinbart Lion Heart kombucha kit and the ingredients to bottle. We made ginger strawberry, strawberry sage, and nectarine basil flavored Kombucha
Read on and you will learn an how easy, cost-effective and healthy it is to make your own Kombucha. It's fun too! My kids help me make it and drink it.
Here is the kit I used to make a one-gallon batch
The kit includes:
- one gallon fermenting jar
- starter SCOBY and fluid
- recently harvested and ships in a glass jar
- reusable tea bag
- organic evaporated cane juice
- black-green Tea blend
- cloth for covering fermenting jar
This kit is a great starter for the novice with complete instructions and will produce around 3/4 of a gallon of Kombucha per batch and continues to make Kombucha forever!
Maybe You Think it’s too Hard to Make:
It’s a natural process and once you get your brewer going it just keeps making Kombucha. 90% of the work is done in your pantry by the scoby.
For the cost of a case of kombucha, you can produce hundreds of bottles exactly to you flavor profile if you like it a little sweeter or fizzer you can do it. and with reusable bottles, your only ongoing costs are tea and organic sugar. IF you currently take probiotics as part of your health regime you will save a TON of money. Kombucha is loaded with live probiotics that are not adulterated in any lab.
Some people just drink it as a soft drink alternative in that is great the other end of the spectrum is that it is a cure-all tonic. Reality is that there are some health benefits getting high fructose drinks out of your diet and introducing live probiotics.
Why Buy from F.H.Steinbart:
F.H.Steinbart is a homebrew and winemaking supply company based in Portland Oregon. They have been in the home fermentation business for one hundred years and know the science behind fermenting just about anything. On the commercial side Steinbarts ha been working with production brewers of Kombucha for years and we are doing it from Portland where you can buy kombucha on tap at just about every bar. In short, we know Kombucha brewing and were around to answer your questions. Not like some guy selling kits on Amazon from his basement.
Our bottling operation using a hand siphon and bottle filler and ez-cap bottles
Five things to help you get great tasking kombucha
- Clean & Sanitize: Make sure the containers and bottles you use have been cleaned.
- Sample: Use a straw to take a sample each day from your brew to learn when you get the right taste for you. Keep in mind if you plan to flavor you have a second fermentation in the bottle.
- Do primary fermentation in the jar only have tea and sugar as the nutrients, add flavor at bottling. Fruits and flavors will hinder or accelerate fermentation and you can lose control of your fermentation.
- on your first bottling if you have three bottles made stagger when you go to refrigeration to learn how you like the final taste.
- Ginger! We put raw chopped ginger in every bottle it helps with fizz and gives a great taste.