FermFed DAP Free is a 100% natural formulation derived from the autolysis of very specific yeast strains naturally high in free amino acids, sterols, mannoproteins, zinc, magnesium, and niacin, along with vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, and B12 for a complete yeast health regimen. As the name suggests, this unique formulation does not contain the traditional inorganic diammonium phosphate, but does provide organically derived nitrogen. Help your yeast start fermentation on the right foot with FermFed DAP Free by CellarScience®.
How Much Do I Add and When?
The general recommendation for most fermentations is to add 1.5 gram per gallon of FermFed DAP Free at the onset of fermentation and then add 1 gram per gallon of FermFed when nearing the end of fermentation. Simply mix the nutrients in a small slurry of water and add to the fermentation.
How it Works
The different components of FermFed DAP Free work in different ways to feed and protect your yeast.
- The complex and organic nitrogen in FermFed DAP Free helps eliminate excessive yeast growth in the initial phases, reducing fermentation heat spikes at the start of fermentation.
- Included sterols make the yeast membrane more resistant to alcohol and to high temperatures.
- The collection of B-vitamins along with zinc and magnesium are essential for enzymatic activity, alcohol tolerance, and yeast health.
- Mannoproteins help avoid the aromatic stripping during the fermentation by binding esters and terpenes and not allowing them to be driven off by CO2.
- The included yeast hull components act as receptors to bind up fatty acids that can accumulate and cause stuck fermentations.
There are no reviews yet.