FermFed is a complex nutrient blend of diammonium phosphate, thiamin, amino acids, sterols, pantothenic acid, mannoproteins, protective microelements derived from yeast hulls, and vitamins B2, B5, B6, & B12. FermFed also contains the organic and inorganic nitrogen (DAP) that yeast need. Help your yeast reach the end of fermentation safely while producing amazing flavors with FermFed by CellarScience®.
- When yeast do not have enough nitrogen, they are more likely to produce hydrogen sulfide (rotten eggs). FermFed helps to eliminate this problem by providing enough nitrogen for most situations.
- As yeast divide and multiply they get weaker and might not be able to properly finish fermentation as the alcohol content rises. Feeding them sterols help cells maintain membrane fluidity so that the yeast can properly function.
- Mannoprotein molecules bind esters and terpenes and work as an anchor to keep them in solution so they are not driven off by CO2 during fermentation.
- Pantothenic acid is added to help reduce the production of hydrogen sulfide.
- Thiamine is important for yeast metabolism.
- Vitamins B2, B5, B6, & B12 are important for general yeast health.