Fromagina starter culture was developed by Bob & Ricki Carroll of New England Cheesemaking Supply Co. It is a cross between Fromage Blanc and Mascarpone. Fromagina is excellent in cooking or served by itself as a delightfully, creamy spread. This is an easy cheese to start with, recommend it for both beginners and advanced cheesemakers alike.
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Storage: Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Yield: Each of the five packets will make approximatly 2 pounds of fromagina
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of fromagina to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 8-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 6-12 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
There are no reviews yet.