LalBrew Köln™ is ideal for brewing traditional Kölsch-style beers and other neutral ales. The neutral character of this strain accentuates delicate hop aromas while imparting subtle fruity esters.
Through expression of a beta-glucosidase enzyme LalBrew Köln™ can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma.
Colder fermentations will be more neutral in character, while warmer fermentations will have more fruit-forward ester profile.
Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top-fermenting yeast.
- Typical Analysis of LalBrew Köln™ yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Viability ≥ 1 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus Undetectible
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew Köln™ yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains. This is
- perfectly characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to High Attenuation and Medium Flocculation
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew Köln™ yeast when producing traditional styles is 12 – 20°C (54 – 68°F)
- Lag phase can be longer compared to other ale strains, ranging from 24-36 hours
There are no reviews yet.